IELTS Speaking Test bao gồm 3 phần thi chính, mỗi phần thi có mỗi yêu cầu và kỹ năng riêng. Một trong những cách để có band điểm cao trong kỹ năng này là phải luyện tập nhiều với những chủ đề khác nhau. Bài viết hôm nay sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn một số IELTS Speaking Topics thường gặp cho từng phần.
1. Các câu hỏi/ chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 1 thường gặp
Phần part 1 sẽ tương tự như một buổi phỏng vấn. Giám khảo sẽ hỏi bạn những câu hỏi về những chủ đề thân thuộc xoay quanh cuộc sống hằng ngày của mình.
1.1. Các chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 1 thường gặp
Dưới đây là một số chủ đề Các chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 1 thường gặp mà tiennganhcaptoc.vn đã tổng hợp được. Cùng tìm hiểu xem những chủ đề này là gì nhé!
Chủ đề 1: Warm-up
- Could you show me your identification card please?
- Could you tell me your full name please?
- What shall I call you?
- Does your name have any special meaning?
- Why do so many people change their names?
- Is your name important to you?
Chủ đề 2: Hometown or birth place
- Where do you come from?
- Where do you live?
- Can you tell me something about your hometown?
- Can you tell me some famous landscapes or scenic spots in your hometown?
- Can you tell me some history of your hometown?
Chủ đề 3: Personal background and information
- Are you a student or do you have a job?
- What do you like most about your study?
- What kind of job do you prefer after graduation?
- What is your major?
- What do you do for living?
- Could you tell me a typical day of yours?
- How do you get your job?
- Are you satisfied with your job?
- What do you like most about your job?
- What kind of job do you prefer in the future?
Xem thêm bài viết:
- Ebook A Book for IELTS – Tải sách miễn phí
- Cách sử dụng và phân biệt few & a few
- Kinh nghiệm học tiếng anh: 4 kỹ năng Nghe, Nói, Đọc, Viết
Chủ đề 4: Hobby or inclination
- What do you usually do in your spare time?
- Do you prefer to stay alone or with your friends?
- What do you usually do on weekends and weekdays?
- What do you usually do when you go out?
- What do you usually do with your friends?
- Do you like reading?
- What kind of books do you like best?
- Do you like English? Why or why not?
- What do you think of the importance of English?
- What are good hobbies and bad hobbies? Why?
Chủ đề 5: Future plan
- Why do you take the IELTS test?
- What are you planning to do in the next five years?
- What are you planning to do in the next ten years?
- What is the first thing you will do when you arrive at the new place?
Chủ đề 6: Traveling
- Do you like traveling?
- Do you like travel alone or with your friends?
- Have you traveled to other places? Where are they?
- What do you usually do when you first arrive in a new place?
- What are the benefits of traveling?
- Why do so many people like traveling nowadays?
- Do you think it’s true that travel broadens the mind?
- Do young people and older people benefit differently from travelling?
- How can you make sure you get the most from your travels?
Chủ đề 7: Family
- Tell me something about your family.
- What do you like doing most with your family?
- Who are you close to in your family?
- In what way is your family important to you?
- In what ways have families changed in the last hundred years?
- Should we rely heavily on our families or is it better to try to be independent?
Chủ đề 8: Friends
- Do you have many friends? Are they casual acquaintances or close friends?
- Do you prefer to stay with your family or with your friends?
- Do you prefer one or two close friends or many friends?
- Can you talk about your best friend?
- How to make friends?
- What do you usually do with your friends?
- Is the time you spend with your friends as much as that you spend with your family?
- What do you expect from a good friend?
- Are friends as important to you as family?
- Do you think friendships change as we get older? How?
Chủ đề 9: Music
- Do you like music?
- What are the benefits of listening to music?
- What kind of music do you like best?
- Why do you like this kind of music?
- What is your favourite musical instrument?Transportation
- Can you say something about the transportation in your hometown?
- What is the common means of transport in your country?
- Do traffic jams often occur in your hometown or in the city where you live?
- How to solve the problem?
- What changes in transportation have taken place in the past several years in your country?
Chủ đề 10: Sport
- Do you play any sports?
- How long have you played basketball?
- Do you watch sport on TV?
- What is the most popular sport in your country?
- How do people in your country stay fit?
- Is it important for children to play sports?
1.2. Các chủ đề “lạ” đã từng được cho ra
Chủ đề về Robots
- What do you think of robots?
- Did you watch any cartoons related to robots in your childhood?
- Do you like the idea of robots helping you at home or driving your car?
Chủ đề về Shoes
- Do you like to buy expensive shoes?
- When you buy shoes, do you prefer convenience or style?
- Why do you think some people buy many pairs of shoes?
- Have you ever bought shoes online?
Chủ đề về Hat
- Do you ever wear a hat or a cap?
- Did you wear a hat to a cap when you were a child?
- Are there any special occasions in your country when people wear hats?
- Do people wear hats for practical reasons or for fashion today?
Chủ đề về Dictionary
- How often do you use a dictionary?
- Do you prefer to use an electronic or a paper dictionary?
- How would you feel if someone gave you a dictionary as a present?
- Do you think writing a dictionary would be an interesting job?
Chủ đề về Water
- What do you most like to do if you’re near the water?
- Do you like going on holiday near water?
- Have you ever travelled by boat?
- Do you think everyone should learn to swim?
Chủ đề Noise
- Are you often in places where there is a lot of noise?
- How do you feel when you are in a noisy place?
- Are there any kinds of sounds that you particularly like or dislike?
- Do you think daily life is becoming noisier?
Tiếp theo chúng ta sẽ xem qua một bài mẫu từ những chủ đề trên và cùng phân tích để có thể hiểu rõ hơn về cách để có một câu trả lời chính xác đáp ứng đầy đủ các nhu cầu của giám khảo.
Xem thêm bài viết:
1.3. Bài mẫu chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 1 thường gặp
Bài mẫu chủ đề Sport
Do you play any sports?
Not as much as I should. I’m really busy with my job these days, so I don’t get the chance to do as many sports as I would like. I used to play basketball and swim on the weekend but not anymore.
Ở những câu hỏi Yes/No question như trên. Nếu các bạn chỉ trả lời có hay không thì chắc chắn sẽ không được điểm cao. Có rất nhiều cách để mở rộng câu trả lời cho dài hơn. Chẳng hạn như câu trên, phần trả lời có thêm giải thích cho việc tại sao bản thân không choi thể thao nữa cũng như miêu tả về quá khứ.
How long have you played basketball?
Since I was about 15 years old. I remember playing a computer game about basketball when I was about 10 and it made me obsessed with the sport. From then on I played basketball every weekend until I went to university and then other things took priority, but I regret not maintaining it because it was something I loved doing.
Ở những câu hỏi về thời gian như trên, dừng lại ở câu trả lời là chưa đủ. Trong câu trả lời trên, chúng ta có thể kể về nguyên nhân tại sao lại bắt đầu yêu thích môn bóng rỗ cũng như thể hiện cảm xúc của mình ra về vấn đề đó.
Do you watch sport on TV?
Soccer is my favorite sport to watch on TV. I’m terrible at soccer but I love watching it on TV, especially big games like the Champions League. I am a huge fan of Chelsea Football Club in the UK but my friends are Manchester United fans so we always bet when those two clubs play each other. It’s a very fun activity between our group of friend.
Thay vì trả lời trực tiếp yes/no. Chúng ta có thể cung cấp thêm các thông tin liên quan (chú ý chỉ nên thêm các thông tin liên quan tới câu hỏi) để kéo dài câu trả lời ra.
What is the most popular sport in your country?
In my country, there are two dominant sports: Soccer and Basketball. They are popular because they’re so easy to play. People can start a game anywhere, with anyone, not as a formal competition but as a socializing event.
Câu trả lời này cũng tương tự những câu trên khi chúng ta giải thích rõ nguyên nhân (because they’re so easy to play. People can start a game anywhere, with anyone, not as a formal competition but as a socializing event) cho hiện tượng được trả lời (there are two dominant sports: Soccer and Basketball).
How do people in your country stay fit?
Lots of young people play field sports, but more and more people are joining gyms. Gyms have really taken off recently as people worry more and more about their appearance. I think it has much more to do with how good people look rather than actually keeping fit.
Is it important for children to play sports?
Definitely. Sport not only keeps them healthy, but it also teaches them discipline and keeps them out of trouble. For instance, in my school, the kids who were dedicated to sport also achieved the highest grades in school and went on to good universities where they continued to work hard.
Ở 2 câu hỏi trên, chúng ta có thể thấy việc giải thích lí do cùng với đưa ra ý kiến cá nhân và cảm xúc của bản thân về vấn đề được nếu ra trong câu hỏi là một cách rất hay để có thể phát triển ý tưởng và mở rộng câu trả lời của mình hơn.
1.4. Bài mẫu chủ đề “lạ”
Bài mẫu chủ đề Shoes
Do you like to buy expensive shoes?
No. I’m more interested in comfort than brand recognition. When shopping for a pair of shoes, my priority is to have the most comfortable one, not the most expensive one. With that being said, the design of the shoes is also important for me.
Như dặn dò trước đó, đối với những câu hỏi yes/no question, các bạn có thể mở rộng thêm ý bằng cách giải thích cho câu trả lời của mình bằng cách đưa ra một ví dụ từ một kinh nghiệm của chính bản thân mình (như trong trường hợp ở trên)
When you buy shoes, do you prefer convenience or style?
To be honest, I consider both when buying shoes. I will buy the pair that looks the best without hurting my feet when I try it on.
Why do you think some people buy many pairs of shoes?
Probably because shoes are considered to be fashion nowadays, just like clothes. And of course, you can not just have only one shirt or one jean. You would to have wide range of options for your outfit every day. Moreover, each event required different types of shoe. For example, if you’re going to a conference, a pairs of leather shoes would be a more suitable option than a pair of sneakers.
Have you ever bought shoes online?
The internet opened a lot of opportunities for business and shopping online is one of the opportunities. Most of my shoes were bought online because the online shop has more options and you can just return them easily if it does not fit you.
2. Chủ đề ielts speaking part 2 thường gặp
Ở phần 2, giám khảo sẽ đưa cho bạn một cue card trong đó có chủ đề yêu cầu bạn phải trả lời. Ngoài ra còn có một số điểm mà bạn phải đề cấp tới liên quan tới chủ đề được cấp. Bạn sẽ có 1 phút để chuẩn bị. Trong 1 phút này, bạn đừng tập trung nghĩ ra quá nhiều ý để nói.
Thay vào đó hãy tập trung 2-3 ý chính và từ đó mở rộng ra bằng cách giải thích, miêu tả hay kể chuyện, v.v. Các bạn có thể xem chi tiết hơn qua bài viết Tổng hợp 10 chủ đề Speaking IELTS Part 2 mới nhất 2020
3. Tổng hợp IELTS Speaking Part 3 theo chủ đề
Part 3 trong IELTS Speaking là một phần khó nhất đòi hỏi ứng viên phải linh động trong việc sử dụng từ vựng và mẫu câu. Cùng tìm hiểu IELTS Speaking Topics thường gặp nhé:
3.1. IELTS Speaking Part 3: Answer structure
Did you notice how I structured my answers in last week’s lesson?
- Answer the question – “it depends”
- Explain one side
- Explain the other side
- Give an example
- Firstly – first characteristic of a good listener
- Secondly – second characteristic
- Finally – third characteristic
- Answer the question – “it’s a mixture of both things”
- Explain one side
- Explain the other side
Basically, I’m using Idea, Explain, (Example) or Firstly, Secondly, Finally, just as I do when I’m writing main paragraphs for writing task 2. The more you practise using these two patterns, the easier it becomes to give longer, more coherent answers.
3.2. IELTS Speaking part 3 : “ADVICE”
Is it better to get advice from a friend or from a family member?
I think it depends on the kind of advice that you need. Parents and grandparents probably have more life experience than a friend, and so you might get a wiser or more sensible answer from them. On the other hand, friends are less likely to become too worried if you go to them with a problem. For example, I probably wouldn’t want to burden my parents with a financial problem.
What would you say are the characteristics of a good adviser?
Well, firstly, a good adviser should be a good listener, someone who takes the time to understand the situation before offering advice. Secondly, an adviser should try to be objective, and avoid judging the person who is seeking help. Finally, I think the best advisers have the ability to ask the right questions and encourage others to find their own answers.
Should people make their own work and career decisions, or is it a good idea to ask for advice about this?
I’d say that it’s a mixture of both things. Most of us talk to family, friends, teachers or colleagues before we make career choices. However, I believe that the final decision should rest with the individual; we all need to take ultimate responsibility for the big life choices that we make.
3.3. IELTS Speaking Part 3: “COMMUNITY”
What are some of the ways people can help others in the community? Which is the most important?
I think there are many ways to help others in our local communities. For example, where
I live, some people volunteer to run activity clubs for children, or they help out in
residential homes for elderly people. Others give money, food or clothes to
organisations that support people living below the poverty line. In my opinion, there isn’t
a scale of importance when it comes to helping others; all forms of help are positive.
Why do you think some people like to help other people?
Most people get a good feeling when they help others, and they understand that we can all experience difficult times in our lives when we might need support. For example, we all grow old, and we all run the risk of losing our jobs or having a health problem that affects our ability to look after ourselves. So, I think people help others because they empathise with them.
Some people say that people help others in the community more now than they did in the past. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
I disagree with that kind of opinion. It’s impossible to generalise about how much people help in their communities from one generation to the next, so I don’t think we should try to judge or compare how altruistic people are now or were in the past. There have always been those who help others and those who don’t.
3.4. IELTS Speaking Part 3: “holiday”
Do you think that it’s important for people to go on holiday?
Answer using ‘idea, explain, example’
Yes, I think we all need to go on holiday at least once or twice a year. It isn’t healthy to work all year round without some time off to relax; we all need to take a break and recharge our batteries from time to time. Last summer, for example, I went on holiday to France for a couple of weeks, and it was great to leave all of my usual responsibilities behind me. I came home feeling really refreshed and reinvigorated.
Why do you think some people prefer not to go abroad on holiday?
Answer using ‘firstly, secondly, finally’
I suppose there are different reasons why some people choose not to go abroad on holidays. Firstly, it’s usually more expensive to travel abroad than it is to stay at home. A second reason could be that some people find it stressful to spend time in a foreigncountry where they don’t speak the language, or where they feel that they can’t easily integrate with the locals. Finally, many people just love where they live, and don’t feel the need to travel abroad.
3.5. IELTS Speaking 3: ‘hospitality’ topic
In your country, how do people treat visitors from abroad?
I think we treat visitors well. People in the UK are very open-minded and welcoming, and we enjoy the mix of cultures that immigration and tourism bring. Most UK cities, for example, are really cosmopolitan, and you can meet visitors from every part of the world.
Do you think hospitality towards visitors is less important than it was in the past?
In my city, maybe it’s true that hospitality is less important nowadays, but that’s only because we are so used to seeing visitors from different countries, so we treat it as a normal part of life and nothing too special.
What are the advantages of staying with a friend compared to staying in a hotel when visiting a foreign country?
If you stay with a friend, you benefit from someone with local knowledge of the best places to visit. You can also get to know the character and customs of the local people, and for me, this is one of the most interesting aspects of a visit to another country. On the other hand, if you stay in a hotel, you are forced to discover the new place on your own, so it’s more of an adventure.
Trên đây là những IELTS Speaking Topics part 1 – part 2 – part 3 thường gặp và câu trả lời mẫu mà tienganhcaptoc.vn đã tổng hợp được. Hy vọng những kiến thức trên đây sẽ hỗ trợ bạn một phần nào trong quá trình ôn thi IELTS Speaking. Chúc các bạn học tốt!